Competition and Public Procurement
Hamilton is a leading legal adviser within public procurement. Hamilton’s Competition and Public Procurement practice is regularly consulted in major procurements and complex matters, such as PPP, IT and infrastructure projects. Hamilton’s lawyers regurlarly act in courts in a large number of procurement review proceedings.
Hamilton assists suppliers and contracting authorities in respect of all types of procurement matters, including:
- Advice prior to procurement procedures: applicability of procurement rules and possible exemptions, as well as drafting of documentation and agreements
- Advice prior to submission of tender offers; drafting of tender offers, strategic considerations and contacts with contracting authorities
- Court proceedings with regard to review procedures, contract invalidity and damages
- Publicity and confidentiality matters
- Advice after completion procurement, for example regarding application of, or amendments to, agreements
EU and Competition
Hamilton’s Competition and Public Procurement practice advises on EU and competition law matters. The team regularly represents clients before the European Commission, the Swedish Competition Authority and foreign competition authorities, as well as in court. In recent years Hamilton has advised clients in a number of complex acquisitions as well as cartel investigations.
Hamilton advises on all EU and competition law matters including:
- Mergers and acquisitions: notification to the European Commission or national competition authorities as well as advice in relation to the transaction process
- Co-operation agreements, licensing agreements and joint ventures
- Distribution and reseller agreements
- Litigation before courts or arbitral tribunals
- State aid and public sector commercial activities
- Compliance work and competition law risk assessments
Hamilton’s Competition and Public Procurement practice represents both domestic and international clients. The practice works closely together with Hamilton’s other practices, for example Corporate | M&A in respect of transactions and Dispute Resolution in respect of arbitration with competition law elements.