Hamilton’s Capital Markets practice has extensive experience in structuring and executing all types of capital markets and public M&A transactions. The team advises issuers, underwriters, bidders, target companies, investors, private equity sponsors and other capital markets participants. The practice’s lawyers advise on strategic and structural matters and have a solution-oriented approach to transaction and advisory mandates.
Hamilton represents and advises clients on all capital market matters, including:
- Initial public offerings
- Rights issues
- Private placements
- Issuance and placement of investment grade and high yield bonds
- Structuring and placement of convertibles, warrants and other derivative instruments
- Buy-back and redemption programmes
- Spin-offs and demergers
- Takeover bids
- Target defence strategies
- Share and share-related incentive programmes
- Shareholders’ meetings
- Capital markets regulation, including market abuse, corporate disclosure and governance matters
The Capital Markets practice works closely together with Hamilton’s other practices, including Banking and Finance, Corporate | M&A and Employment, in order to provide advice on all legal aspects of a transaction through a single point of contact.
Further, Hamilton has a well-established network of leading law firms in Europe, the United States and other jurisdictions, which enables the Capital Markets practice to form transaction teams that include leading lawyers in the relevant jurisdictions, in connection with, for instance, 144A offerings and cross-border takeover bids.