Hamilton’s TMT | IP practice has extensive experience on all aspects of intellectual property law, such as contracting, licensing, trademark matters and dispute resolution. The practice advises clients whose business is often centered online and faced with complicated matters concerning the global online environment. Matters affecting traditional businesses such as data protection, personal data processing (GDPR), outsourcing and the procurement of technology are also handled by the TMT | IP practice.
Hamilton represents and advices on all types of matters within the field, including:
- Advice to IT consultants and developers and suppliers of IT systems, including drafting and negotiation of agreements with regard to consultancy services, development, license and support and maintenance
- Advice on regulatory issues and contractual issues to telecom, fintech and insuretech companies
- Advice on data protection and privacy issues
- Advice in relation to M&A transactions and listings within the TMT sector
- Advice to e-commerce companies, including drafting of contract terms
- Advice to media companies on financing and other issues.
- Advice to investors and entrepreneurs on incorporation and investments instart-up companies
- Advice on intellectual property matters, in particular pertaining to trademarks
The TMT | IP practice works closely together with Hamilton’s other practices such as Corporate | M&A and Capital Markets to ensure that clients are offered support and advice on all legal aspects through one single contact. The practice often advises internet and telecom operators within a wide range of matters, from regulatory matters to general terms and conditions. The practice is regularly engaged in connection with transactions within the telecom and engineering sectors. As many start-up companies are technology-intensive, the practice also covers issues that arise within each stage of growth – from formation, share ownership and investment agreements to seed funding, venture capital rounds and exit through sales or listing.